During the registration process for our products and services, and in other registration forms, we will indicate the types of personal information you must provide and the types of personal information we request. You can choose not to submit the information we request, but that may limit or prevent Xi’an Shike Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. from providing services to you.
To find out how personal information contained in the content of our services is handled (for example in a body of case law), please see our fair processing statement. .
- Information we collect
We collect information about you in three ways: directly from your input, from third-party sources, and through automated technology.
2.1 Data you provide to us
The types of personal information we collect directly from you, depending on how you interact with us and the Services, may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, social media aliases and phone number;
- Account login credentials, such as username and password, password hints, and similar security information;
- Other account registration and profile information, such as job title, educational/professional background and qualifications, and photo;
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card numbers;
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, such as search query data and questions, or information you send to customer support; and/or
- Interests and communication preferences, including preferred language.
2.2 Data from your organization
We may obtain personal information about you from the organization you are employed in or affiliated with in order to activate and manage your access to and use of that organization’s subscription to the Service, including:
- Contact details, such as your name and organizational email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Other account registration information, such as job title; and/or
- Organization User ID
2.3 Data from other sources
We may also obtain your contact details and other information about you from our affiliates and other third parties, including:
- the social networks used by you to grant the Service permission to access your data on one or more social networks;
- Service providers who help us identify locations in order to target certain products to your location;
- Businesses with whom we partner to provide co-branded services or participate in joint marketing activities; and/or
- Publicly available sources and data vendors from which we obtain data to verify or supplement existing information.
2.4 Data generated when using the Service, including cookies
The Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and device unique identifiers, and other technical identifiers, bug reports and performance data ;
- Usage data, such as the features you use, settings you choose, your URL clickstream data, including date and time stamps of referring and exit pages, search terms you use, and your visits on the Service or searched pages;
- For Educational Services, course modules and test questions that you view, answer or complete; and/or
- For location-aware Services, the region, city or town where your device is located in order to provide you with more relevant content where you are located.
- How we use your information
Depending on how you interact with us and the Services, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Services;
- Process and fulfill requests, orders, downloads, subscriptions or other transactions;
- Provide technical, product, and other support to help keep the Service running, secure, and stable;
- enhance and improve the Service and our other products, events and services, and develop new ones, services and benefits;
- To provide you with customized content and other personalization settings to make the Service more relevant to your interests and region;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- To notify you of changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- To communicate targeted advertising, promotional messages, notices, and other information related to the Services and your interests;
- To provide you with promotional news and other information about products, events and services of us, our affiliates and third parties (such as sponsors);
- Invites you to participate in user tests and surveys, as well as sweepstakes, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions;
- Determining usage trends and performing data analysis, including for research, auditing, reporting and other business operations purposes, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance, or as provided in customer agreements by other means; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are an administrator of an organization that has subscribed to the Service, we will use your Contact Information to communicate to you about your organization’s subscription and related services. If you provide us with your colleagues’ contact details, we may contact them individually with information about the Services and you may be mentioned in this process.
- Share your information
4.1 Your organization
If you access the Services through a subscription administered by your organization, your personal information and certain usage data collected through the Services may be accessed or shared with administrators authorized by your organization for their use in Purposes such as usage analytics, subscription management and compliance, training session scheduling, performance and remediation, cost attribution, and departmental budgeting.
4.2 Application Licensor
4.3 Our group companies and “service” providers
Depending on the Services provided, we share information with:
- Affiliates, firms and divisions of Xi’an Shike Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. worldwide, as well as certain group companies that provide technology, customer service and other shared service functions; and/or
- Our service providers, suppliers, agents and representatives, including but not limited to payment processors, customer support departments, email service providers, event venue and service providers, IT service providers, marketing services providers, research providers, couriers and freight forwarders;
4.4 Your Choices
We may share your personal information with our affiliates and sponsors, joint venture entities and other third parties (including entities for which we are an agent, licensee, application host or publisher) in order for them to provide you with To send information about products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communication preferences and other settings.
The Service may allow you to post and share personal information, comments, profiles and other content. Any such information you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in such public areas.
4.5 For legal reasons
We will also disclose your personal information when we believe that it is necessary to achieve the following reasonable purposes:
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- Detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of SIK, our users, employees, or others; and
- Complete corporate matters, such as asset transfers, acquisition by or merger with another company.
- Basis for Processing Information
When we collect or otherwise process any personal information within the framework of applicable data protection laws, our purposes are:
- Provide “services”, complete transactions, perform contracts with you, or perform operations at your request before entering into a contract;
- to comply with applicable laws or other legal obligations;
- Perform a mission in the public interest;
- To enable our customers to comply with their legal obligations;
- with your consent (if applicable); and/or
- Operating our business, protecting the security of our systems, customers and users, detecting or preventing fraud, or in pursuit of other legitimate interests described in sections 2-4 above (where interests are overridden by your privacy rights except).
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; where we exercise legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing of personal information.
- Data Retention
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services, complete the transaction you have requested, or for other necessary purposes, including complying with legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, Detect and prevent fraud and abuse, enforce agreement content, and more. If you access the Services through a subscription managed or sponsored by your organization, we will retain your organization’s contact details to continue communicating with you after your organization terminates your subscription.
- Where the information is processed
We may store and process your personal information in the region where you are located or in other countries where Xi’an Shike Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. and its affiliates and service providers maintain servers and facilities, including Australia, Mainland China, France, Germany , Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Mauritius, Netherlands, Philippines, Singapore, UK and US. We will take steps, including contracts, to ensure that information wherever it is stored is continuously protected in accordance with the standards of protection required by applicable law.
- Data Security
We will implement various technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security commensurate with the risks of the personal information we process. These measures are designed to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of personal information.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from or target children under the age of 14 on the Services.
- Your communication preferences
When registering for the Service, you may customize and manage your communication preferences and other settings by updating your account features and preferences, using an “opt-out” mechanism such as “unsubscribe,” or in communications you receive Other channels provided, or contact us directly. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the “Service” when necessary.
- Access and update your information
11.1 Your account
The Service may allow registered users to directly access and review their account information at any time and make corrections or updates after logging in. It is the user’s responsibility to keep such information up to date. Registered users can also Details of the place of processing and contact details for inquiries about privacy and data protection.
14.3 Jurisdiction-specific notices
For more information on our processing of personal data as required by applicable local law, please see our Data Processing Information Supplement.
Xi’an Shike Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Fair Processing Statement
Some of the content we provide in our database services will, by its very nature, contain personal information. This fair processing statement will provide details about the personal information contained in the content of our services.
Case law, legal analysis and review
Where local legislation or court injunctions apply, the case law we provide on the Services and the legal analysis that cites this case law may contain Personal Information.
It should be emphasized that such personal information is subject to administrative court/public records requests. This information is provided to LexisNexis by public bodies for the purpose of maintaining and protecting the rule of law and released to customers by Xi’an Shike Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. In addition, our users have access to the body of historical case law (including understanding the circumstances of the individual cases cited in it), which is important to the overall effectiveness of the legal system.
Although authors of papers, journals, and jurisprudence that we make available through the Service may have access to such recorded material, we have no control over the content of the court records themselves. It is up to the courts to decide what personal information to retain in the records they disclose, and to weigh the public interest of the disclosure against the individual’s right to privacy.
Effective Date: May 25, 2022
Last Updated: August 15, 2022